The UNC Anxiety and Stress Disorders Clinic (ASDC) is an outpatient clinic dedicated to providing state-of-the-art scientifically studied treatments for stress and anxiety disorders. The clinic’s director, Dr. Jonathan Abramowitz, is an internationally recognized expert in the field. Our view is that anxiety disorders are very treatable, and that no one has to live with excessive, debilitating anxiety or stress. Our mission is three-fold:
- To provide effective cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) that is individually tailored to the specific needs of each client or patient
- To conduct research that advances the understanding and treatment of anxiety and related problems
- To provide professional training and serve as a resource on anxiety and its treatment for the community at large
We have 2 locations in the Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill area and welcome referrals from professionals as well as direct inquiries from clients and patients.
For appointments call 919-962-6906.
For information about the OCD Intensive Treatment Program call Dr. Abramowitz at 919-843-8170.
Download our clinic brochure (PDF format)
OVERCOME YOUR SPIDER PHOBIA
- Are you afraid of spiders?
- Do you find spiders disgusting or aversive?
- Do you avoid spiders?
- Do you avoid places/situations where you may encounter spiders?
If you have any of the above spider concerns and you are age 18 and older, you may be eligible to participate in a FREE treatment study on overcoming spider phobia being conducted at the University of North Carolina. As part of this study, you will receive free treatment known to effectively treat spider phobia.
If you are interested, the first step is to conduct a 15 minute phone screening during which we would tell you more about the study and confirm that you are eligible to participate. In order to schedule this phone screening, please email email@example.com including the following information:
- First name,
- Phone number, and
- Times you would be available to have a brief (15 minute) phone call.